Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mystery Bird

On Monday my Mother-in-Law came over and helped us whip our yard into shape. It was a grueling four hours of yard-work, but a definite improvement over over the "worst yard in the neighborhood" look we had before.

Towards the end of the day (about 4pm) I saw a mystery bird flying east. I have never seen a bird like it before. It wasn't a goose, and it wasn't a hawk. The outline and the flapping pattern was all wrong.

It was charcoal black, and bigger then a goose. I don't really know how big, because I had no point of reference. I only saw it from the back as it flew away.

It had a very distinct wing flap, with the outer part of the wing bending down to almost 90 degrees relative to the inner part. It looked very heavy.

A legendary Thunderbird, perhaps? I hope it comes back again, when I have a camera handy :)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

A Phoenix, perhaps? :-) In honor of the newly beautified yard?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

*gasp*

I was going to say phoenix as well!!