Monday, April 20, 2009

Rest Like a Baby

My 8 month old niece fell a sleep while I was holding her at lunch yesterday. We were in the middle of the lunch hour rush at Red Robin, and it was far from quiet. As we were getting up to leave, someone commented on how amazing it is that little ones can fall asleep in places with so much noise.

Important life lessons come at the strangest times, and there was a lesson in that. My niece can fall asleep during the Sunday lunch rush because she feels safe and loved. It doesn't matter what else is going. Likewise, I should be able to rest in the knowledge of God's provision and presence despite the noise and chaos of daily life. After all, He loves me better then anyone else can.

Some food for thought :)

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Amen! :]

Though if you fall asleep at Red Robin, you miss out on the fries!

Lori Watson said...

I have an award for you at my blog, http://not-so-superwoman.blogspot.com/2009/04/friend-award.html for having an exeedingly charming blog. :-D

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hey, how are ya!?? I hope you post when you get home! :]