Monday, March 23, 2009

Strange Things I've Found in My Backyard

There are some things that I'd expect to find in my backyard: weeds, occasional trash I've generated, things I've planted, bugs... but lately I've been finding things that defy logic. I didn't put them there, and neither did anyone in my house. Here's a list:

1 very small sea shell (clam-like)
1 clear plastic fragment that looks like it came from a communion cup
1 red plastic fragment (maybe from a car or bike)
1 happy birthday balloon - dark with white ribbon
2 buttons - one white, one black
1 piece of thin electrical wire
fluff, several pieces (like from a pillow)
1 mostly burned & unidentifiable bit of paper

I've found all of this in the past 10 days while weeding. Some of the items probably blew in, like the balloon and the fluff, but buttons aren't usually airborne. If you can come up with a good explanation for the origin of these things, I'd love to hear it :)

2 comments:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Very interesting. My friends' kids were playing in their back yard once and dug up a gravestone. You just never know what might get lost in a backyard! (Turned out the gravestone was a temporary one that was later removed from the cemetery where the guy is actually buried and when the previous owners moved they forgot that they had put it back there years before. My friend was a little freaked out until she found out the story by contacting family of the people who sold them the house.)

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Ok, I can't beat the gravestone one LOL!!