Friday, February 13, 2009

Straighten up your mess with togetherness!

I have never been a morning person. When I wake up in the morning I want to lay as still as possible and pretend I'm still in dreamland. Luke always tells me that "it's not that bad when you just get up," but I've had trouble believing him. For years I figured I was doomed to be a late sleeper (it's in my blood). After all, if living with Luke couldn't change me, what could?

The answer? My sister!

She's hoping to get a job - a job that will require her to get up around 5:30am California time. Being the sensible girl that she is, she told me she was going to start practicing some early-rising. Suddenly, I saw an opportunity.

"Lets do it together!"

So we did. Our alarms go off at the same time, despite the fact that we are in different states. Then we text back and forth until we are both out of bed. We've had a 50% success rate, which is pretty good for us... it's in our blood to sleep in :)

So here's my tip: If you're having trouble getting something done, find a buddy & do it together!

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I actually had an English professor whose mommy would call him every day from another state to make sure he's up LOL!

Texting seems a little less...mother hen like. :]

Luke Holzmann said...

[laughing] You know you read too many blogs when you glace at a post in your reader and notice your name and wonder if it's a reference to you... only to realize that it's your wife's blog and you proofread that post.

...back to the blogosphere for me [smile].

~Luke